AK Industrial Services performed hand-held and robotic waterproof membrane coating removal on the traffic approach ramps, and partial-depth concrete hydro demolition to the body of the Franklin Street Parking Garage.
- Multiple phases of work: The work was completed in the only access ramp to the underground parking garage; Left side, then right side.
- Space limitations of working on a side street in Boston
- Limited space for all the equipment: Nearly half the equipment had to be mobilized in and out every night.
- Water control with 100% recovery – since everything pitched down in to the garage and no water was allowed into the existing drains.
- Coating removal – to expose the concrete
- Partial depth removal in all areas where the concrete was sounded and visually damaged
- Full depth excavation at the drainage trough