AK Services custom-fabricated a platform and specialty tooling to fit the rebar cage for a hydro demolition drilled shaft anomaly removal project in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- The steel casing was being pulled during the tremie pour
- Care had to be taken not to cause out-pouching – i.e. erode the surrounding earth
- Custom fabrication of work platform, specialty tooling to fit inside the rebar cage so that the cage did not have to be cut off for the work to be performed, and the use of mechanical fasteners to restore the cage.
- Maintaining the integrity of the steel reinforcement cage
- Hydro-demolition and Drilled Shaft Anomaly Repair
- Specialty Tooling
- 1 drilled shaft 3 anomolaous zones. Lowest was 32-ft+/-
5000-psi at 25-gpm
AK Services successfully developed a system that:
- Maintained the engineer’s design
- Used the existing test core, so as to mitigate costs associated with the repair