The AK Services team removed the deck-coating from the tugboat Angus using hand-held rotary lances.
- Environmental controls – plugging openings in deck walls and vacuum recovery
- Hard to access areas, corners, niches for conventional methods – needle guns
Needle guns cause dust, necessitating other personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Stripped the deck coating of the tugboat Angus
- AK Services accomplished in 1 day with 3 hydro technicians what it would have taken two weeks for two laborers on their hands and knees with needle guns
- With hydro demolition coating removal, more area was prepared for a new coating than would have been possible using the needle guns
- No dust was produced; all particlulates were entrained in the water and vacuumed up