AK Services performed robotic partial depth hydro demolition removal of up to 12 inches of concrete for the Messalonskee Stream Bridge in Kennebec County, Maine.
- Protecting the bearings at the top of the piers from damage during operations
- Protecting the epoxy coating of the bridge beams from flying debris (sheet metal was used to protect it)
- AKS was the the second contractor, called in to replace a previous contractor who went out of business.
- Some of the Piers were 50-ft +/- in height
- Hydro demolition were performed over the land. Over the water, conventional mechanical removal was performed.
- 36,000-psi at 25-gpm
- Robotic hydro demolition, up to 50-ft in the air. Partial depth hydro demolition
- Areas were sounded and marked out prior to starting the work
- Used filter fabric over the ground for filtration, and cleaned up all debris afterwards
The AK Services Team succcessfully completed hydro demolition services for 15 piers.