AK Industrial Services performed robotic partial-depth hydrodemolition removal of up to 12″ of concrete for the Messalonskee Stream Bridge in Kennebec County, Maine.
- Protecting the bearings at the top of the piers from damage during operations
- Protecting the epoxy coating of the bridge beams from flying debris (sheet metal was used to protect it)
- AKIS was the the second contractor, called in to replace a previous contractor who went out of business
- Some of the Piers were 50′ +/- in height
- Hydrodemolition were performed over the land. Over the water, conventional mechanical removal was performed
- 36,000-psi at 25-gpm
- Robotic hydrodemolition, up to 50′ in the air. Partial-depth hydrodemolition
- Areas were sounded and marked out prior to starting the work
- Used filter fabric over the ground for filtration, and cleaned up all debris afterwards
The AK Services Team succcessfully completed hydrodemolition services for 15 piers.