AK Services performed robotic partial depth hydro demolition removal of 3.5 inches of concrete at the Hooksett Toll Plaza in Hooksett, New Hampshire.
- Removal of the entire concrete deck without demanding the PCC beams to remain in place/SSE
- Northbound and Southbound bridges would close, one at a time, with traffic re-routed, requiring AKS to have a full bride for each mobilization
- Maintaining traffic below the bridge; traffic was rerouted while work was performed on the east and west side of each bridge
- Full depth removal of patch work without damaging the beams or steel reinforcement
- Patchwork: Inspector tested the bridge and marked out areas for full-depth removal. No partial depth.
- Ultra High pressure, 36,000-psi at 12-gpm